Skip to main content
Solides Handwerk seit 5.Generationen mit modernster Technik.
Gründerjahre / 1860 bis Ende des 19.Jahrhunderts.
1901 – 1935 / Beginn der maschinellen Fertigung.
1936 – 1947 / Weiterentwicklung trotz Kriegsjahre.
1947 – 1953 / Nachkriegsjahre – die 3. Generation übernimmt.
1954 – 1971 / Aufwind im Wiederaufbau.
1971 – 1981 / Ausbau und technische Aufrüstung.
1982 – 1996 / Zuwachs und Geburt der GmbH.
1996 – 2010 / die 5. Generation.

Company history

Master Joinery Schreinerei Hegerl - A story of success


- 2016 / 5 generations and more than 150 years of excellent craftsmanship.


10/22/2011

Festive celebration of the 150th company anniversary with honors for employees

Honored employees: Mr Michael Krämer (20 years)

Mr Daniel Dorfner (10 years)

Number of employees 2011:

  • 03 Master craftsmen
  • 01 master craftsman / wood technician
  • 16 specialist workers
  • 03 apprentices
  • 03 nonskilled workers
  • 02 office workers

Production focuses on windows, doors, interior fittings and furniture mainly in the interior area.

02/2011

Acquisition of a CNC machine (by Biesse) and rearrangement of machine hall.


1996 - 2010 / the 5th generation.


2010

Building extension consisting of one office room, one show room and a meeting room.


Oct. 2009

The son Stefan begins to study for the Bachelor’s Degree Program in Wood Technology at the Fachhochschule Rosenheim.


2009

The son Peter joins the company.


2006 - 2008

The son Peter completes professional education as certified wood technician at the technical school in Rosenheim. At the same time he successfully passes the Examination for the master craftsman's diploma.


2006

Acquisition of a stop system station (Urban) for windows.


2002 - 2005

The son Peter completes a carpentry apprenticeship at the Schreinerei Braun, Hainsacker.


2000 - http://www.hegerl.de/2010

Significant orders are being handled in Munich (Deutsches Museum, Pinakothek, Bayerisches Nationalmuseum).


1998

Karl Hegerl is awarded the "Citizen's medal" in silver of the market town Lappersdorf.


1997

An extension for the paint shop is built.


11/9/1996

Number of employees:

·         03 Master craftsmen

·         21 specialist workers

·         06 apprentices

·         05 nonskilled workers and

·         03 office workers


1982 - 1996 / Addition to the family and launch of the GmbH.


11/9/1996

Company anniversary in the Seidl Inn in Hainsacker with honors  for employees. Honored employees:

·         Mr Karl Ell (40 years)

·         Mr Georg Röhrl (40 years)

·         Mr Bruno Tischler (40 years)

·         Mr Karl Müller (20 years)


1995 - 1996

Building of a new storehouse for wood.


1993

Reconstruction of office and social rooms.


1991 - 1992

Building of a new machine hall and storehouse. Acquisition of an Okoma carving machine with automatic rebate machine and tooling for window construction.


1988

Acquisition of a wide-belt sanding machine.


8/7/1987

The second son Stefan is born.


10/14/1985

The first son Peter is born.


1/1/1985

The joinery's legal form is changed to GmbH (a limited company).


8/4/1983

The daughter Carolin is born.


1982 - 1983

Building of a workshop with a spraying unit for surface treatment. Moreover, the courtyard is being paved.


5/29/1982

Max Hegerl marries Elisabeth Hausner from Altenstadt/ WN. As of this date Elisabeth is partly responsible for the commercial aspects of the company.


1971 - 1981 / Building extension and technical upgrading.


10/16/1981

Company anniversary in the Seidl Inn in Hainsacker with honors for the anniversary of 25 years of employment. Honored employees: 

·         Mr Georg Birkenseer

·         Mr Karl Ell

·         Mr Georg Röhrl

·         Mr Bruno Tischler

·         Mr Hans Welscher

The number of employees further increases:

·         02 master joiner (master craftsman)

·         10 specialist workers

·         08 apprentices

·         02 Nonskilled workers

·         01 office worker

Production focuses on windows, doors and interior fittings like built-in cupboards, furnishings, ceiling and wall claddings.


1980 - 1981

Max Hegerl completes his studies of Business Management Specialist in the field of handicraft in Munich.


11/19/1976

Maria Hegerl dies.


1974 - 1976

Max Hegerl completes the master school of carpentry in Munich and successfully passes the Examination for the master joiner's diploma on 3/30/1976.


1973 - 1976

Building of a residential building with office and store rooms next to the workshop, Blumenstraße 3, Hainsacker.


1971

Construction of a roof for the wood storage. Acquisition of a Weinig profile-automat with exhaust system for 50,000 German Marks.


1954 - 1971 / In the ascendant during reconstruction.


1969 - 1971

The son Max Hegerl completes a carpentry apprenticeship at the Möbelwerkstätten Paulin, Regensburg.


1966 - 1972

Despite best efforts no apprentices can be employed.  Only a few young people are interested in the profession of joiner/carpenter.


1966

Expansion of the workshop with a separate machine hall, shavings silo with exhaust system and a heating system.


1962

Complete reconstruction of the residential building and the grocery store in Hainsacker 32 ½. Number of employees remains constant, but an office worker is employed in part-time.


03 - 07 1961

Building of the new joiner's workshop in Blumentsraße 1 in Hainsacker.


10/26/1956

The daughter Rosemarie is born.


1956

The number of employees increases constantly:

·         10 specialist workers

·         04 apprentices

·         01 nonskilled worker


1955

Acquisition of the first transport vehicle, a Wieking truck.


1954

Post-war reconstruction has an impact: In the course of the improved order position a belt sander, a milling machine and a band saw are purchased. In addition the joiner's workshop, apartment and grocery store are extended.


1947 - 1953 / Post-war years - the 3rd generation takes over.


9/9/1952

The son Max is born.


10/16/1951

Karl Hegerl marries Rosa Hecht from Grub. As of this date Rosa is responsible for the commercial aspects of the joinery and the grocery store.


3/14/1951

Karl Hegerl passes the Examination for the master craftsman's diploma in Regensburg and takes over the responsibility for the company with 3 journeymen and one apprentice.


5/15/1950

Karl Hegerl joins the Chamber of Crafts Regensburg.


12/8/1949

Karl Hegerl returns home after five years of captivity as a prisoner of war in Russia (near Moscow).


1947 - 1950

The widow Maria Hegerl continues the joinery business.
People who stand by her and support her:

·         Her son Josef Hegerl,

·         Her daughter Anna with her husband Alois Schwarz,

·         master joiner Mr Urbanski and

·         subworker Ernst Dedelow.

In the economically difficult post-war period production focuses on windows, doors, bedroom furniture and other furniture.


4/11/1947

Master joiner Josef Hegerl dies.  He was major for long years, member of the local council and church administration in Hainsacker for more than 30 years, commander of the fire brigade and member of the Reichsinnungsverband des Tischlerhandwerks (joiner's guild).


1936 - 1947 / Further development despite the war


1947

The joiner's workshop expands in direction of the Zollner property.


1939 - 1945

During World War II the following persons were employed at the joiner's workshop:

 

  • Master joiner Josef Hegerl
  • His son Josef Hegerl,
  • His daughter Anna Hegerl,
  • one French prisoner of war,
  • some older temporary workers.

Production focuses on lockers for the Wehrmacht, ammunition boxes, furniture, windows, doors and glazing work.


2/5/1941

Karl Hegerl is drafted into Engineer Battalion 17 stationed in Würzburg. Shortly afterwards he is sent to Russia with  the Engineer Battalion 219. There he is deployed to the front, wounded 6 times, and in 1945 he fell into Russian war captivity.


9/1940

Karl Hegerl is drafted into Reichsarbeitsdienst (Reich Labour Service).


1939

Acquisition of a jointer and a thickness planer.


1936 - 1939

Karl Hegerl completes a joiner's apprenticeship with the joiner's company Kandlbinder, Erhardigasse 7, Regensburg. The weekly pay at that time was graded as follows:

  • 1. Year: 1 to 2 Reichsmark
  • 2. Year: 2 to 3.5 Reichsmark
  • 3. Year: 4 to 5 Reichsmark

1901 - 1935 / Beginning of machine manufacturing


1927


Acquisition of the first machine, a multifunctional machine, production is changed from pure manual production to machine manufacturing. At the same time the workshop area is increased.


7/5/1921


The son Karl is born.


As of 1920


In the years following World War I two to three journeymen are employed. Production focuses on kitchen and grained bedroom furniture, carriages for trousseau, doors and windows, coffins and glazing work.


2/22/1917


The daughter Anna is born.


1916 - 1919


The son Josef serves his military service in the 2nd Infantry Regiment.


07/1915


Master joiner Josef Hegerl marries Maria Reichenberger from Premenreuth.


1914 - 1918


Number of employees during World War I: 2 journeymen and son Josef (until end of 1915)


1914


The son Georg is drafted into Infantry regiment 5/28. He serves in World War I and is missed in action in France since 1918.


1912


Barbara Hegerl dies at the age of 40.


As of 1910


The son Georg completes a joiner's apprenticeship at Lehner, Blaue-Stern-Gasse, Regensburg.


As of 1908


The son Josef learns the craft of carpentry in the family business.


Founding years / 1860 to the end of the 19th Century


4/20/1897

The son Georg is born; both sons become joiners.


10/12/1895

The son Josef is born.


1894

Josef Hegerl marries Barbara Westermeier from Mariaort.


3/10/1894

Josef Hegerl purchases the residential building with joiner's workshop and grocery store (built 1887) and some agricultural property from his uncle Anton Mayer at the price of 5,400 Mark.


1887

Next to the parish church in Hainsacker at the site of the former parish hall a residential building with joiner's workshop and grocery store is built.


1882

Anton Mayer resident in Hainsacker takes into care his nephew Josef Hegerl from Tiefenbach near Waldmünchen, because his marriage remained childless. Josef learns the craft of carpentry and the works as journeyman for his uncle.


1880 / 1881

Max Mayer, brother of Anton Mayer, both joiners, is supposed to continue the business. As this is not possible due to health issues, he moves to Munich and becomes a teacher.


10/18/1872

The joinery business is mentioned in a document at the royal notary's office Wiedenhofer in Stadt am Hof.


12/6/1860

Master joiner Adam Mayer from Nabburg obtains the license to start a joiner's workshop in Hainsacker. The license is awarded by the royal county court Regenstauf. According to oral tradition Adam Mayer and his wife Anna, née Zierl, move into the former Dinnes house, now Kirchgasse in Hainsacker.